Vagabond - 2 Day / 1 Night - Great Barrier Reef Sailing Tour
Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
Departs: Cairns, Saturday, Monday & Wednesday 8.00am
Returns: Cairns, Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday 4.00pm
A cruise on the Great Barrier Reef will be one of the highlights of your time in North Queensland. The crew will help to ensure that you will experience a relaxing and informal atmosphere providing personalized service with a maximum of 11 guests per trip.
For those who prefer not to dive, snorkelling offers some fantastic sights. Diving equipment and instructors are available for first time divers with your safety and enjoyment being a priority. Certified divers can enjoy the reef and tropical fish life at their leisure as you enjoy select and exclusive dive sites. Drift dives, night dives and swim-throughs are all available.
The vessel departs out of the port of Cairns each Saturday, Monday and Wednesday for a 2 day 1 night sailing tour. As there is no fixed timetable or route, there is none of the hustle, bustle and time pressures encountered on the larger dive/snorkel boats. Diving timetables are tailored to suit individual requirements. You won't feel like a tourist on this boat, you will feel like you are at home!
All of past and previous guests comment favourably on the fabulous food. All meals are prepared on board and will complement the fantastic time you are having. The menu varies each day with an accent on fresh quality local produce and ingredients in a fusion of Asian and European cuisines. The entrees served as you enjoy the 'happy hour' at sunset provide a sublime experience. Special dietary requirements can be catered for on request. Refreshments are available 24 hours a day.
All you will need to bring with you is sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a beach towel, a small overnight bag and a sweatshirt for the evening – The crew will look after the rest! Larger bags and backpacks can be stowed on request.
Moore Reef is the vessel’s base however, a roving permit allows for visitation of other reefs off Cairns including Elford, Thetford and Briggs reefs, as well as Michaelmas and Upolu cays. Green Island, Fitzroy Island and all reef visits are subject to weather conditions.
For those more interested in relaxing and enjoying the sun, the forward deck provides ample space. All cabins are double or twin bunk for privacy, along with fresh linen and hot showers. This excursion will include all meals prepared on board, all snorkelling equipment, morning and afternoon teas and of course hands on sailing!
- All meals prepared on board
- Refreshments available 24 hours per day
- All snorkelling equipment
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Hands on sailing
- Hot showers
- Quad Share Cabin AU$360.00 per person + $20.00 reef tax, admin and port charges
- Private Double or Twin Cabin AU$420.00 per person + $20.00 reef tax, admin and port charges
Special Rates Valid for Travel in the month of October 2012 Only!
- Quad Share Cabin AU$300.00 per person + $20.00 reef tax, admin and port charges
- Private Double or Twin Cabin AU$360.00 per person + $20.00 reef tax, admin and port charges-
- Single Dive (includes gear hire) AU$35.00
- Guided Dive (includes gear hire) AU$40.00
- Night Dive (includes gear hire) AU$45.00
- First Dive (includes gear hire, guide and full instruction) AU$75.00
- Subsequent Dives (includes gear hire, guide and full instruction) AU$45.00