Southern Tablelands Waterfalls, Wildlife & Paronella Park - Day Tour
Duration: Day Tour
Departs: Cairns Daily 7.30am
Returns: Cairns Daily 6.30pm
A spectacular scenic Tablelands tour viewing Lake Barrine, Curtain Fig Tree, Waterfalls Circuit, World Heritage Rainforests and Paronella Park and Wildlife. As you departing Cairns' coast, you will ascend the Lamb Range providing panoramic views of the Mulgrave River Valley from Heale's Lookout.
The high elevation rainforests of the Atherton and Southern Tablelands are vastly different to coastal rainforest surrounding Cairns and support a wide variety of wildlife, many species being unique to the Tablelands.
Enjoy freshly baked scones and morning Devonshire tea before boarding the first morning cruise on the calm waters of the extinct volcanic crater, Lake Barrine. Be the first cruise in the morning to view the Lake's abundant wildlife and marvel at the vibrant, old growth World Heritage listed rainforest surrounding Lake Barrine whose deep waters are filled by crystal clear rainwater. Back on land a short walk reveals the Twin Kauri Pine Trees, amongst Australia's largest trees, these 1000 year old forest giants are relics of the past.
Your next stop is Allumbah Pocket where you may spot the elusive Platypus in its natural creek habitat. Your experienced driver/guide will escort you along boardwalks to the ancient Giant Curtain Fig Tree, an amazing accomplishment of nature! The surrounding forest is also home to the elusive and shy Lumholz Tree Kangaroos.
You will then commence your tour of the Waterfalls Circuit. Each of the waterfalls is unique and is viewed from a different aspect. All waterfalls flow in abundance all year round!
Commencing with world-famous Millaa Millaa Falls (featured in many commercial television advertisements and films where a quick swim is possible) you will drive along quaint country farming roads and rich dairying pastures. Relax and enjoy the serenity whilst enjoying an excellent two course lunch, which is served outdoors in a private gazebo situated atop of Mungalli Falls, which are the Tableland's tallest falls.
After lunch you will descend the range and stop at Crawford's Lookout for an amazing view of the North Johnstone Gorge prior to making your way to the multi award winning Paronella Park where you will be escorted by the park's knowledgeable guide. Commencing with a private, leisurely tour of the National Trust listed Heritage gardens and castle ruins. Enjoy free time to view the museum and the remains of North Queensland's first hydro-electric plant which Jose Paronella built on the beautiful Mena Creek. Feed the fish and the turtles below the Falls.
Your tour concludes with a scenic drive home passing Mt Bellenden Ker and Mt Bartle Frere two of Queensland highest mountains to return back at accommodation at approximately 6.30pm.
- Volcanic Crater Lake Barrine with first morning wildlife cruise
- Morning Devonshire Tea freshly baked at Lake Barrine Teahouse
- Short rainforest walk to view 1,000 year old twin Kauri Pine Trees
- Giant Curtain Figtree for shy Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroos spotting
- Journey through the quaint townships of Yungaburra & Malanda
- The Waterfalls Circuit including Millaa Millaa Falls (world famous), Mungalli Falls & Mena Creek Falls
- Tarzalli Lakes & platypus spotting (natural habitat)
- Mungalli Creek Bio-dynamic Dairy with cheese & yoghurt tasting
- Crawford's Lookout
- Excellent 2 course lunch served outdoors in our gazebo atop Mungalli Falls (special diets catered for, please advise when booking)
- Extended time at Paronella Park with eisurely tour of Mena Creek Falls, Heritage Gardens & castle ruins accompanied by the Park's experienced guide
- Afternoon tea & coffee
- Return coach transfers from Cairns accommodation
- Adult AU$162.00
- Child (4 – 14 years of age) AU$104.00
- Family Package (2 Adults & 2 Children aged 4-14 years) AU$519.00
Rates Valid - 01st of April 2015 to 31st of March 2016
- Adult AU$170.00
- Child (4 – 14 years of age) AU$127.00
- Family Package (2 Adults & 2 Children aged 4-14 years) AU$542.00
- Casual clothing, walking shoes, swimwear, hat, umbrella, drinking water and sunscreen. We recommend 400ASA film and flash for rainforest photography