Ocean Quest - 5 Day Learn to Dive - PADI Course - Liveaboard Inclusion
Duration: 5 Day PADI Open Water Dive Course
Departs: Cairns Daily
Returns: Cairns Daily
Deep Sea Divers Den have been operating in Cairns for over 25 years, making them one of the longest established Dive Centres in Cairns. Their training facilities are located under the one roof, which is one of the many reasons they have also earned their PADI 5 star Instructor Development Centre status.
Deep Sea Divers Den’s friendly and personalized service allow them to offer one of the best learn to dive courses available in Cairns. They employ many bilingual PADI diving instructors with English, German and Japanese courses available.
The first 2 days of your course are spent learning the theory behind diving and learning new skills in the safety and comfort of their diver training pool. This is followed by a 3 day 2 night live-aboard excursion to the Outer Barrier Reef where you will do your 4 training dives, 4 pleasure dives and 1 (guided night) dive whilst onboard Ocean Quest.
The vessel Ocean Quest is where you will spend your 3 days on the reef for the liveaboard sector of your course. Ocean Quest is permanently moored on the Outer Barrier Reef and they use their day vessel, the Reef Quest, to fast transfer passengers to and from Ocean Quest on a daily basis. The convenience of being able start a dive course on any of the 7 days during the week is unsurpassed.
The new Ocean Quest is a 35.7m catamaran, she has 1 quad share cabin, 18 twin share cabins and 4 double rooms and offers the capacity to sleep 48 passengers overnight on the reef in unrivalled comfort and luxury. All rooms have en-suite facilities as well as TV’s, bar fridges and internal phones. There is a large saloon area on the wheelhouse deck with a bar where you can relax and kick back after a long days diving. The main deck has a large dining room capable of comfortably seating 48 passengers.
Accommodation onboard is based on twin share cabins. Accommodation upgrades to double cabins can be arranged for an additional charge (please specify on booking your course).
PADI Dive Referral 3 Day / 2 Night Course The PADI Open Water Dive Referral system allows you to commence your dive education in one place and then complete it somewhere else.
This three day Referral program is conducted by participating in a 3 Day / 2 Night Live aboard dive excursion. You will have the opportunity to do up to 9 dives over the duration of the trip.
Once you've completed the prerequisite 4 PADI Training Dives that you need to do to finish your PADI Open Water Certification, you can then participate in 5 extra recreational dives, including a guided night dive.
Day 2 - Pool & Classroom Training The Deep Sea Divers Den bus will pick you up from your Cairns city accommodation at around 9am. Again, you will spend the day finishing the theory & various skills in the pool. Please note that on days 1 & 2 meals, accommodation and your dive medical are not included.
Day 3 - Diving on the Great Barrier Reef The Deep Sea Divers Den bus and crew will collect you from your Cairns City accommodation at around 7:45am. You will be transferred to the Outer Barrier Reef aboard ReefQuest and do your first 2 training dives. At approximately 2:30pm you will be transferred over to their live-aboard vessel, OceanQuest, where you will spend the night. Lunch, Dinner and all onboard Accommodation included
Day 4 - More Great Diving Two further training dives with your instructor, followed by your PADI Open Water diver certification! In the afternoon after lunch there is the opportunity for a pleasure dive. In the evening enjoy a fully guided night dive. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and onboard Accommodation are included
Day 5 - More Diving & Return to Cairns After breakfast there is the opportunity for 3 pleasure dives before it’s time to head back to Cairns onboard the fast transfer vessel, Reef Quest and a return transfer to your accommodation in Cairns. Breakfast and Lunch are included.
- English - Daily
- Korean - Friday
- Japanese - Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday
- PADI Open Water Certification
- PADI Open Water Dive Manual & Dive Tables
- Cairns city accommodation transfers each day
- 2 night’s accommodation onboard liveaboard vessel Ocean Quest (Twin or Double Share Cabin)
- 9 dives weather permitting (4 training dives, 4 pleasure dives & 1 guided night dive)
- Full gear hire including BCD, Regulator & Dive Computer
- All meals & accommodation onboard Ocean Quest
- Bed linen (please bring your own towels)
- Prescription Masks (deposit required)
- Log book
Rates - 5 Day PADI Open Water Course - Valid 01st of April 2016 to 31st of March 2017
- Double Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$925.00 + AU$60.00 per person Government Reef Tax amount
- Twin Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$885.00 + AU$60.00 per person Government Reef Tax amount
Important Booking Notes: On making a reservation please use Comments Box in Booking Form to indicate your preferred Cabin Type / Configuration e.g. Double Cabin with Private Ensuite or Twin Cabin with Ensuite Facilities - As well as any other important information you can think to offer to help ensure that you are well catered for e.g. if additional dive days onboard are required, special dietary requirements etc
Rates - 3 Day 2 Night PADI Referral Course - Valid 01st of April 2016 to 31st of March 2017
- Double Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$830.00 + AU$60.00 per person Government Reef Tax amount
- Twin Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$790.00 + AU$60.00 per person Government Reef Tax amount
Dive Referrals Please Note: The 3 Day / 2 Night Dive Referral is only available to passengers who have completed the PADI Pool & Theory prior to travelling onboard Ocean Quest. The course is the same as the 5 Day Learn to Dive Course without the Pool and Theory component. Please advise on making a reservation if requiring a Dive Referral Course and we will ensure that your prior learning and Pool & Theory course paperwork is in order.
Important Booking Notes: On making a reservation please use Comments Box in Booking Form to indicate your preferred Cabin Type / Configuration e.g. Double Cabin with Private Ensuite or Twin Cabin with Ensuite Facilities - As well as any other important information you can think to offer to help ensure that you are well catered for e.g. if additional days onboard are required, special dietary requirements etc.
Additional Dive Days include up to 4 Dives including a Night Dive & 3 Day Dives. Also included with each additional day is dinner, breakfast and lunch whilst onboard!
- Double Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$200.00 + AU$20.00 per person per day Government Reef Tax amount
- Twin Cabin - Private Ensuite AU$180.00 + AU$20.00 per person per day Government Reef Tax amount
- EMC and Fuel Levy (at sea) - AU$20.00 per person, per day (whilst at sea) payable on course commencement on successful completion of Dive Medical
- 2 x passport photos for your PADI ‘C card
- Northern beaches transfers AU$20.00 per person return
- Underwater cameras are available onboard for hire
- The ability to swim 200 metres and tread water for 10 minutes
- The minimum age is 12 years (subject to a medical assessment). Children under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Prior to commencing your Learn to Dive Course you are required to complete the self-assessment entry level Student Dive Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question means that there is a pre-existing condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner preferably with experience in diving medicine to obtain a dive medical certificate that states that you are fit to undertake recreational diver training.
Please note there are regulations about flying or going to altitude after diving.
- Currently the rules state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 hours.
- For multiple dives you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 18 hours.
We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible. These are guidelines only; there is no guarantee that these recommendations will prevent decompression sickness. Currently there are no guidelines regarding diving after flying.
Altitude is 300m/1000ft above sea level.
This includes going to the Atherton Tablelands, so be careful when you are booking tours to follow your dive course/trip.
Deep Sea Diver’s Den recommends you carry travel insurance as they do not refund or change trips within 48 hours of travel date.