Ocean Quest - 3 Day / 2 Night Liveaboard Cruise - Diving and Snorkelling
Duration: 3 Day / 2 Nights
Departs: Cairns Daily
Returns: Cairns Daily
With daily liveaboard departures available, Ocean Quest offers the certified diver, snorkeller and first time diver (introductory) the most flexible of itineraries. The new Ocean Quest is a 35.7m catamaran, with berthing configuration comprising of 1 quad share cabin, 18 twin share cabins and 4 double rooms offering the capacity to sleep 48 passengers overnight on the reef in unrivalled comfort and luxury. All rooms have en-suite facilities as well as TV’s, bar fridges and internal phones. There is a large saloon area on the wheelhouse deck with a bar where you can relax and kick back after a long days diving. The main deck has a large dining room capable of comfortably seating 48 passengers.
The vessel has the option to visit 17 permanent moorings on the Outer Barrier Reef (including Norman and Saxon reefs) that ensures minimal damage to the pristine coral formations by visitation being distributed evenly around the sites visited.
The dive sites are frequented by a myriad of tropical fish and include the ever popular large Maori Wrasse, who are always friendly. The swim through, wall and drift dives will appeal to every level of diver experience.
For snorklers there is unlimited snorkelling available in and around the shallow reef locations as well as all snorkelling equipment and instruction catered for.
Accommodation onboard is based on multi share cabin accommodation with the exception of diver additional diver training courses which offers a choice of twin or double share cabin accommodation. Accommodation upgrades to either twin or double cabins can be arranged for an additional charge (please specify your preference on making a booking).
All major international scuba accreditations are accepted and snorkelers are most welcome.
- Saxon Reef- a perfect introduction to the outer reef, hard corals, moray eels, lion-fish, Maori wrasse, beautiful coral gardens. Excellent shallow snorkelling over the bommie tops. Swim throughs and gullies are scattered throughout the reef.
- Norman Reef - excellent visibility, Maori wrasse, moray eels, giant clams, anemones swim throughs. Great variety of fish life, pelagics, turtles, coral gardens, swim throughs, caves, giant clams.
- Hastings Reef- a large, popular snorkelling and diving reef. Hard and soft corals, walls, swim throughs, turtles, stingrays. Over 13klms of reef edge and back reef sand floors to explore.Weather permitting, we never dive the same dive site more than twice.
- Accommodation transfers from Cairns City accommodation
- Up to 11 Dives (weather permitting) 9 Day Dives + 2 Night Dives
- 2 night’s accommodation onboard vessel
- All meals whilst on board, tea, coffee and chilled water all day
- Bed linen (please bring your own towel/s)
- Dive equipment
- Prescription masks if needed (deposit required)
- 2 Cell Torch for night diving
- Certified Divers - Double Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$650.00
- Certified Divers - Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$630.00
- Certified Divers - Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$570.00
- Certified Divers + PADI Advance Course -Double Cabin with Private Ensuite FacilitiesAU$850.00
- Certified Divers + PADI Advanced Course -Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$830.00
- Certified Divers + PADI Advanced Course -Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$770.00
- Learn to Dive Course Referral Participants -Double Cabin with Private Ensuite FacilitiesAU$795.00
- Learn to Dive Course Referral Participants -Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$775.00
- Learn to Dive Course Referral Participants -Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$715.00
- Snorkellers -Double Cabin with Private Ensuite FacilitiesAU$575.00
- Snorkellers -Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$555.00
- Snorkellers -Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$495.00
- Certified Divers -Double Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$205.00
- Certified Divers -Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$195.00
- Certified Divers -Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$165.00
- Snorkellers -Double Cabin with Private Ensuite Facilities AU$180.00
- Snorkellers -Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite FacilitiesAU$170.00
- Snorkellers -Quad Share Cabin with Ensuite Facilities AU$140.00
- Environmental Management Charge, Fuel Levy, Port Levy & Admin Charges; AU$20.00 per person per day payable on boarding
- Accommodation transfers from the Northern Beaches
- Underwater cameras are available for hire
This excursion offers 14 permanent and exclusive Dive site on the Outer Barrier Reef. It is little wonder as there is such an abundance of underwater reef life teeming with brilliantly coloured corals and an infinite number of vibrant tropical fish, making it the ideal destination for warm water Great Barrier Reef diving or snorkeling excursions. With daily Liveaboard departures available out of Cairns, Ocean Quest offers the most flexible departures for snorkelling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
- 7.45am pick up from your city accommodation**
- 9.00am Board our fast modern transfer boat for 90 minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef
- Equipment selection
- 2 dives and lunch before transferring to Ocean Quest
- 2.30pm transfer to Ocean Quest
- Afternoon dive and night dive
- Lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
- Three day dives, One night dive
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
- Three pleasure dives
- Breakfast, and lunch are included
- 3.00pm Depart Outer Barrier Reef
- 5.00pm Return to your accommodation in Cairns
- 7.30pm - Party Time! Join the boat crew & passengers at a local restaurant.
*indicates maximum number of dives available.
**pick up and drop off from city accommodation is included. Pick up from Northern Beaches can be arranged at an extra cost.
Please note, the above itinerary is a guide only, and the order of diving and sites visited may change. The captain will always adapt the itinerary to the prevailing weather conditions, tides and currents.
Important Notes:On making a reservation please use Comments Box in Booking Form to indicate whether you wish to travel as a Snorkeller, CertifiedDiver, Introductory Diver etc. and your preferred Cabin Type / Configuration e.g. Double Cabin with Private Ensuite, Twin Cabin with Private Ensuite or Quad Share Cabin with Shared Ensuite, desired trip length / duration e.g. 2 Day / 1 Night excursion as well as any other important information you can think to offer to help ensure that you are well catered for.